STABILUS gas springs allow easy and convenient opening and smooth, silent closing of the hood without effort. Awkward hood props and dirty hands will be a thing of the past.
A hood with gas spring assist can be opened with one hand. When open, the hood will stay securely and reliably in position and cannot slam shut, as used to be the case with improperly latched props. Due to its space-saving installation on the side, the engine compartment will remain easily accessible. STABILUS gas springs are easy to mount and absolutely maintenance-free.
- Compact design
- Easy mounting
- Definable speed
- Definable spring characteristics
- Motion damping
- Variable locking upon request
Our Solutions at a Glance
- LIFT-O-MAT: provides optimum weight equalization, force-assist, and comfortable motion sequences
- STAB-O-SHOC: for gentle and safe closing of lids
- LIFT-O-MAT with end position lock: additional protection against accidental slamming shut
- HYDRO-LIFT: the movement of the lid can be stopped in several positions
- LIFT-O-MAT TCV: the temperature-compensated gas spring that will hold lids securely open even at very low temperatures.
- ELEKTRO-LIFT: additional current conductance or switching, e.g., for engine compartment illumination
- INTER-STOP: for manually stopping the lid in an intermediate position
- LIFT-O-MAT with compression damping