Undesirable vibrations can interfere with the smooth running of machinery and equipment, shortening their service life. Vibration dampers from Stabilus convert the kinetic energy of moving components into thermal energy, reducing hard stops and large oscillation amplitudes.
Properties/Characteristics of STAB-O-SHOC Vibration Dampers
Oil hydraulic vibration dampers from the STAB-O-SHOC line usually feature symmetrical force distribution in the tension and compression directions. Typical models ensure evenly defined damping even when the movement is reversed.
Upon load reversal, the damping force will start instantaneously; i.e., the vibration dampers will connect directly for positive force transmission. Thanks to special integrated piston systems, the forces in the tension and compression directions can be set individually and independently of each other.
Different construction elements change their regulating effect on vibrations. Depending on the type, they can be installed in any orientation.
For a function overview of our STAB-O-SHOC vibration dampers, please refer to the selection matrix.
Product Variants of STABILUS Vibration Dampers
Typical vibration dampers:
- STAB-O-SHOC GD 15SP – with separating piston for horizontal vibration loads and light damping force
- STAB-O-SHOC HD 24/29 BV – for high damping forces and vertical mounting
- STAB-O-SHOC HD 24/29MB – standard vibration dampers with bottom valve and diaphragm for high damping forces and any mounting orientation
- STAB-O-SHOC TA 20 – standard vibration dampers for compact spaces and any mounting orientation
- STAB-SHOC TA 30 – for compact spaces and any mounting orientation
- STAB-SHOC TA 40 – for compact spaces and any mounting orientation