Adjusting and locking – safe and simple Locking gas springs
Need to provide easy operation of heavy panels and covers? Or perhaps ergonomic adjustment of chairs and tables to suit different users’ statures? Stabilus locking gas springs ensure optimal counterbalancing at all times in applications like these. Smooth travel during opening, closing, and positioning are right there in the operator’s hands.
Our BLOC-O-LIFT series locking gas springs can also easily be locked in any position. This functionality can be designed as rigid or elastic and to be effective in the push or pull direction.
For any set of installation conditions – and every single need
Our standard product line contains a broad selection of locking gas springs. That means it’s sure to have the right product for any set of installation conditions.
However, if you need a custom product, our years of experience as a pioneer in gas spring production make us the perfect partner in development. We work together with you to find the right solution for your individual specifications.
In practice: no feats of strength – because the power is already there
BLOC-O-LIFT locking gas springs have a special piston valve system that separates the two piston chambers in the spring. This enables locking in any position without excessive physical effort. The gas spring locks when the valve tappet is released from the outside and the connection between the two pressure chambers is interrupted.
This is how locking gas springs from Stabilus hold even heavy loads in the desired position reliably. When the valve is open, the linear spring characteristics of the BLOC-O-LIFT ensure a uniform increase in force through the entire range of movement.
- variable positioning with elastic or rigid locking
- optimal counterbalancing during lifting, lowering, opening, and closing
- locking functionality in compressed or extended position
- orientation-specific or orientation-independent installation depending on type
- flat spring characteristic curve for low increase in force even with strong forces and long strokes
- linear, progressive, or digressive spring characteristic curve
- mechanical release systems, including with particularly short release path for extra-easy operation
- broad selection of sizes, strengths, and end fittings
- compact design, small space requirement
- maintenance free, even with demanding load conditions and long service life
- high-quality products that meet the stipulations of DIN EN ISO 9001 and the global ISO/TS 16949 standard
BLOC-O-LIFT product variants
Rigid locking, override function, special functionality for raising table surfaces – discover the impressive diversity of BLOC-O-LIFT.
Configure your locking gas spring
Enter your specifications in just a few clicks to instantly land on the perfect product configuration
Discover the application versatility
Stroll through your application area in 3D and discover all the ways our locking gas springs guarantee comfort in component operation.